- 🚗 Tesla has integrated Apple Shortcuts into its iOS Smartphone App, providing advanced automation for Tesla owners.
- 📱 The Tesla Smartphone App offers various features, and the automaker continuously adds new features to enhance its functionality for Tesla electric vehicle drivers.
- 🍏 Apple Shortcuts, introduced with iOS 12 in 2018, allows users to create macros for specific tasks on their Apple devices.
- 💡 Tesla is enabling Apple Shortcuts for Climate Control, Entertainment, and “Just for Fun” features, including actions like “Flash Lights,” “Honk Horn,” and “Open Frunk.”
- 🔄 The 4.24.0 Tesla App update includes the addition of Apple Shortcuts, available for download in the App Store.
- 🔒 The integration of Shortcuts enhances the convenience of Tesla ownership by automating tasks like locking the car from a distance or opening the trunk/frunk.
The integration of Apple Shortcuts into Tesla’s iOS smartphone app now empowers owners with advanced automation capabilities.
For many Tesla owners, the Smartphone App is an essential tool that provides access to a range of features, from Supercharger availability to navigation preferences. Continuously expanding its functionality for Tesla electric vehicle drivers, the automaker consistently introduces new features to enhance the app’s utility.
The most recent addition appears to be Apple Shortcuts.
Apple introduced Shortcuts alongside iOS 12 in 2018, granting iPhone and iPad users the ability to create personalized automated sequences for specific tasks on their devices.
The potential applications are nearly boundless. Personally, I’ve activated Shortcuts on my iPhone for numerous purposes, with the most practical one being a macro that activates “Low Power Mode” when my battery level drops to 30 percent.
According to Tesla App Updates (iOS), which first noticed the feature, Tesla is enabling Aple Shortcuts to Climate Control Features, Entertainment, and “Just for Fun,” which includes a variety of features like “Flash Lights,” Honk Horn,” “Open Frunk,” and several others.
Apple Shortcuts looks to be a part of the 4.24.0 Tesla App update and is now available in the App Store:
“Access your vehicle controls and climate from the Apple Shortcuts app.”
The addition of Shortcuts for Tesla drivers creates the possibility of an even more convenient ownership experience. Automated features can help lock your car when you are not within range as you walk into the grocery store.
Then, when you arrive home, the correct Shortcut could pop your trunk or frunk automatically so you can unload your groceries.