- 🚗 Tesla is running a referral program to encourage people to promote their cars and energy products.
- 🔄 The referral program was briefly shut down but returned in November 2022 with new ways to earn points, including test drive referrals.
- 🎁 Tesla offers rewards and prizes in the referral program, including a chance to win a Model 3 Performance for 1,000 credits.
- 📅 Referrals who take delivery of a Tesla vehicle by September 30, 2023, have a chance to win a Model 3 Performance.
- 🌟 Tesla has also updated the Cybertruck raffle, now requiring 1,000 points to enter, with the chance to get one of the first Cybertruck VINs.
- 🏆 Tesla has previously held similar contests, including one for the unreleased Roadster.
- 🆓 Some individuals have won free Tesla cars through past referral programs, including a Model Y in 2020.
Tesla is giving away free cars in its referral program once again, incentivizing people to encourage others to test drive or purchase one of the company’s cars or energy products.
The referral program has been one of Tesla’s strategies to increase the number of owners it has over the years. After being briefly shut down, it made a return in November 2022, and the automaker has added more ways to earn points, including test drive referrals.
In addition to the new ways to earn points, Tesla is also adding new rewards and potential prizes to its referral program, making it more likely that people will share their referral codes in an attempt to gain points, which can be used to enter raffles for things like a new car.
Tesla has added the chance to win a Model 3 Performance for 1,000 credits. Owners can submit as many entries as they would like.
Tesla also states on its website that if a referral takes delivery of a vehicle by September 30, you will receive an automatic entry into the Model 3 Performance sweepstakes:
“Starting September 19, 2023, if you refer a friend and your friend places a new Tesla vehicle order and takes delivery of that vehicle by September 30, 2023, you will be entered for a chance to win a Model 3 Performance. You can use your referral credits to redeem additional entries.”
Tesla also revised the Cybertruck raffle it has already set up for the referral program. Previously, the free Cybertruck raffle allowed owners to purchase an entry for 500 points. This has now been increased to 1,000 points, and if you win, you will receive “one of the first Cybertruck VINs off the line — no reservation needed, free of charge.”
Tesla has had plenty of these types of contests in the past, including ones for the yet-to-be-released Roadster, for which various people have already received confirmation that they will get a free car when it is released. However, it still has not hit production, and there is no indication of when Tesla will start building that car.
The program has already resulted in a free car for some, including a family that won a free Model Y in 2020 at the height of the COVID-19 pandemic.