- 🚗 The article discusses the differences in ride heights of Tesla Cybertruck’s air suspension in a side-by-side comparison.
- 📸 A new image of two Cybertrucks with varying ride heights was shared by a drone operator at Gigafactory Texas.
- ⬇️ Low ride heights are advantageous for tight corners, aerodynamics, and decreased rollover risk, but challenging on uneven terrain.
- ⬆️ High ride heights are ideal for off-roading and rough conditions.
- 🛠️ Tesla is equipping the Cybertruck with air suspension to enhance its versatility for various terrains and work tasks.
- 🏁 There’s speculation about the Cybertruck potentially participating in BAJA races in the future.
- 💰 Tesla’s price cuts across its lineup have led to increased market share dominance in the EV market, with a significant rise in EV registrations.
Tesla Cybertruck air suspension ride heights were recently shown in a side-by-side comparison as two pickups were Supercharging outside of the company’s Gigafactory Texas.
The differences are substantial, and in past looks at the Cybertruck’s air suspension, we have not been able to compare low ride heights to high ones.
A new image of two Cybertrucks sporting different ride heights was shared by Gigafactory Texas drone operator Jeff Roberts on X. The two Cybertrucks were Supercharging at the on-site stalls that Tesla operates at the facility. It has been a common area for Cybertruck sightings over the past few months as production ramps up.
The last time we got an up-close look at the Cybertruck’s air suspension was in February when Tesla seemed to be preparing the pickup for some kind of marketing shoot, as it was spotted in a production studio.
Since then, air suspension images have been non-existent, and Tesla enthusiasts have been forced to settle for a variety of different looks at the all-electric Cybertruck. Even without a glimpse of the air suspension, there is still plenty to gaze over.
There is a noticeable difference between the ride heights of these two Cybertrucks. They both have their own distinct advantages:
- Low Ride Heights are favorable for tight corners and increased aerodynamics. It can decrease drag and improve efficiency, and it also helps decrease rollover risk. However, it makes riding over uneven terrain and bumps difficult, and can cause underbody damage.
- High Ride Heights are more ideal for traveling on uneven terrain, which includes off-roading. Increasing ground clearance can improve a vehicle’s ability to travel over rough conditions.
Tesla is outfitting the Cybertruck with air suspension for several reasons. In typical Tesla fashion, it seems to be a flashy, yet useful feature that will set it apart from some other trucks on the market.
However, it is also a strong indicator that the Cybertruck is being geared up for nearly any terrain style or work tasks that lie ahead of it.
This includes a potential appearance at BAJA races. In 2021, well before the Cybertruck hit production, it was challenged to run in the 2023 iteration of the race, but it seems that, if it does happen, it will have to wait until future events.