- 🚗 Stellantis unveils the STLA Large platform for Jeep and Dodge BEVs.
- 🔋 The platform is designed for 400-volt and 800-volt electric architectures.
- 🔄 It features three-in-one electric drive modules (EDMs) for FWD, RWD, and AWD configurations.
- 🌐 STLA Large offers battery pack options with energy ratings between 85 and 118 kWh.
- 🚙 Stellantis aims to achieve an impressive range of 800 km/500 miles for sedans on the STLA Large platform.
- ⚡ Fast charging with the STLA Large can add up to 4.5 kWh per minute to the 800-volt battery pack.
- 🌍 The platform will initially roll out to Jeep and Dodge BEVs in North America.
- 📅 Stellantis plans to extend the STLA Large platform to other brands, launching 8 vehicles from 2024 to 2026.
- 📏 STLA Large’s metrics include overall length, width, wheelbase, ground clearance, and maximum tire diameter.
- 🌐 The STLA Large platform is part of Stellantis’ ambitious electrification plan, offering flexibility for various vehicle types and propulsions, including hybrid and internal combustion.
In a groundbreaking move, Stellantis has recently taken the wraps off its latest innovation – the STLA Large platform, set to propel Jeep and Dodge Battery Electric Vehicles (BEVs) into the future. This blog post delves into the intricacies of the STLA Large platform, exploring its design, capabilities, and the electrifying potential it brings to the automotive landscape.
Unveiling the STLA Large: A Paradigm Shift in BEV Architecture
Stellantis’ unveiling of the STLA Large platform marks a significant stride in the evolution of Battery Electric Vehicles. The platform, meticulously designed for both 400-volt and 800-volt electric architectures, sets the stage for a new era of sustainable and efficient mobility.
Power and Versatility: The Three-in-One EDM Configuration
One of the standout features of the STLA Large platform is its three-in-one Electric Drive Modules (EDMs). These modules, housing the motor, power inverter, and gear reduction, offer unprecedented versatility with configurations for Front-Wheel-Drive (FWD), Rear-Wheel-Drive (RWD), and All-Wheel-Drive (AWD). This adaptability ensures that the platform can cater to diverse driving preferences and conditions.
Energizing Options: Battery Pack Variants and Range Milestones
The STLA Large platform doesn’t just stop at versatility – it extends to power options as well. With battery pack options ranging from 85 to 118 kWh, Stellantis aims to deliver an impressive range of 800 km/500 miles for sedans utilizing the STLA Large platform. This commitment to extended range showcases Stellantis’ dedication to overcoming range anxiety and making electric vehicles more accessible.
Charging Ahead: Fast Charging Capabilities
Charging infrastructure is a critical aspect of the electric vehicle ecosystem, and Stellantis has addressed this with the STLA Large platform. Fast charging capabilities allow for the addition of up to 4.5 kWh per minute to the 800-volt battery pack, making charging sessions more convenient and time-efficient for users.
Global Rollout: Jeep and Dodge BEVs Leading the Charge
The STLA Large platform is set to make its debut on Jeep and Dodge BEVs in North America. This strategic rollout aligns with Stellantis’ vision of electrifying its lineup, starting with these iconic brands. As the platform proves its mettle, Stellantis plans to extend its reach to other brands, including Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, and Maserati.
Metrics that Matter: Dimensions of the STLA Large Platform
Understanding the physical dimensions of the STLA Large platform is crucial to envisioning its place on the road. With an overall length range of 187.6-201.8 inches, an overall width range of 74.7-79.9 inches, a wheelbase range of 113.0-121.1 inches, ground clearance ranging from 5.5-11.3 inches, and a maximum tire diameter of 32.6 inches, the STLA Large platform is poised to accommodate various vehicle types while maintaining a sleek and efficient design.
Electrifying the Future: Stellantis’ Ambitious Electrification Plan
The STLA Large platform is not an isolated innovation but part of a broader strategy. Stellantis has outlined an ambitious plan to launch eight vehicles with the STLA Large platform between 2024 and 2026. CEO Carlos Tavares emphasizes the flexibility and agility of the platform as a driving force for success in the North American shift to electrification.