- 😮 Mark Zuckerberg’s social media posts suggest he’s calling off the MMA fight with Elon Musk.
- 🥋 Elon Musk proposed a practice bout with Zuckerberg, but Zuckerberg had reservations.
- 📱 Musk’s text exchange with Zuckerberg garnered attention; Musk took a lighthearted approach, while Zuckerberg seemed serious.
- 🥊 Zuckerberg posted on Threads that the fight is off, as Musk isn’t serious; he’ll focus on competing with MMA enthusiasts.
- 🐔 Musk responded on X, calling Zuckerberg a chicken and jokingly looking forward to the fight.
- 🗓️ Musk biographer shared the possibility of the practice bout happening on Monday.
- 📅 Alleged text exchange showed Musk’s request for practice bout; Zuckerberg wanted serious fight commitment.
- 😄 Musk responded to exchange with humor; Isaacson replied with a “wow.”
- 🏟️ Musk andZuckerberg planned to have the fight streamed on their platforms, set in a historical location.
- 💪 Zuckerberg expressed his readiness to fight but noted that Musk needs to agree on a real date for the bout.
Mark Zuckerberg’s Recent Social Media Posts Hint at Abandoning Fight Against Elon Musk
Recent updates on social media platforms by Mark Zuckerberg, the CEO of Meta, suggest that his anticipated MMA match with Elon Musk has been called off. This announcement emerges amidst reports that Elon Musk had proposed a practice bout with Zuckerberg, slated for Monday, at the Meta CEO’s residence in Palo Alto.
Over the weekend, Walter Isaacson, Elon Musk’s biographer, shared a screenshot he purportedly received from Musk. The screenshot displayed an alleged text exchange between the Tesla and Meta CEOs, in which Musk inquired whether Zuckerberg would be interested in a “practice bout” on Monday.
In his purported response to Musk, Zuckerberg’s message indicated his reservations about the proposal. He conveyed, “If you’re still interested in a genuine MMA fight, you should undergo your own training and inform me when you’re prepared to compete. I don’t wish to generate further hype for something that might never come to fruition, so it’s best either to commit to this promptly or consider moving on.”
Musk countered Zuckerberg’s message by revealing his availability in Palo Alto on Monday, suggesting they engage in a practice bout then. Isaacson’s Twitter post also revealed that Musk appended a laughing emoji to his textual exchange with the Meta CEO. Subsequently, Musk shared the complete screenshot, where he playfully speculated that Zuckerberg might be a “modern-day Bruce Lee” who could unexpectedly emerge victorious.
The text exchange between Musk and Zuckerberg attracted quite a lot of attention from social media, with some noting that the Tesla CEO seemed to be taking a lighthearted approach to the bout while the Meta CEO seemed to be taking the fight more seriously. Such observations may be justified considering that Musk has been posting jokes about the fight for some time now, and Zuckerberg really does seem to be passionate about MMA.
The nail in the coffin of the fight between the two billionaires was posted by Zuckerberg on Threads, Meta’s competitor to X, formerly known as Twitter. In his post, the Meta CEO noted that it’s time to move on since it’s evident that Musk is not serious about the bout. Zuckerberg also noted that he would be focusing on competing with people who take MMA seriously.
“I think we can all agree Elon isn’t serious and it’s time to move on. I offered a real date. Dana White offered to make this a legit competition for charity. Elon won’t confirm a date, then says he needs surgery, and now asks to do a practice round in my backyard instead. If Elon ever gets serious about a real date and official event, he knows how to reach me. Otherwise, time to move on. I’m going to focus on competing with people who take the sport seriously,” Zuckerberg wrote.
Musk, ever the troll, responded to the news on X, his social media platform. The Tesla CEO’s response was brief, only stating that “Zuck is a chicken.” Musk also joked that he “can’t wait to bang on his door tomorrow.”