- 🚀 Tesla and SpaceX/Starlink are assisting Hawaii’s recovery after devastating wildfires.
- 🌐 Starlink kits are being deployed on the island to provide free internet to those affected.
- 📡 Over 650 satellite internet kits have been sent to 40+ organizations aiding recovery efforts.
- 🏝️ Red Lightning Disaster Relief is setting up Starlink kits in Maui to address communication challenges.
- 🔥 The Maui wildfire, started on August 8, is the deadliest wildfire in the US in a century.
- 💔 At least 106 people have died, and over 1,000 are missing due to the wildfire.
- 🤝 Tesla, SpaceX, and Starlink’s contributions are greatly appreciated in Hawaii’s recovery.
Elon Musk has affirmed that Tesla and SpaceX/Starlink are actively engaged in assisting Hawaii’s recovery process following the destructive wildfires. Images circulated on social media indicate the deployment of Starlink kits on the island, offering complimentary internet access to those impacted by the devastating events in Maui.
Musk took to Twitter to share updates on these initiatives, underlining the collective endeavors of his various companies to support Hawaii. Subsequent posts from Starlink’s official X account elaborated that over 650 satellite internet kits have been dispatched to more than 40 organizations involved in aiding the recovery efforts on the island.
Images posted on LinkedIn reveal that one of the organizations that is operating in Hawaii today, Red Lightning Disaster Relief, is setting up Starlink kits in Maui. The organization noted that for now, communication remains a challenge in Maui, so the presence of Starlink provides great help.
“Quick update from Maui: very productive day in Lahaina. On assessment, one of the major needs is communication in many areas. Many power lines are down and connectivity is hard to find.We bought 20 Starlink systems to bring internet connection. We successfully set up multiple today, and will continue to set more up in the next few days,” the organization noted.
The Maui wildfire, which started August 8, burned through more than 2,500 acres across historic towns like Lahaina. It is now the deadliest wildfire incident in the United States in over a century, and it is also the worst natural disaster in Hawaii’s history. To date, at least 106 people have been killed, and more than 1,000 remain missing.
It is then no exaggeration to state that every little bit of help goes a long way towards helping Hawaii recover from such a catastrophe. With this in mind, any help being provided by Tesla, SpaceX, and Starlink is likely well appreciated.