- 🚗 The base Tesla Model Y Dual-Motor AWD variant is no longer available for purchase on the company’s configurator.
- 📉 The base Model Y AWD variant was initially priced at $49,990 before incentives, but it was previously available for $47,740.
- 🌐 Currently, only the Tesla Model Y Long Range and Performance variants are listed for purchase on the configurator.
- 🌱 In April 2023, Tesla quietly added Model Y units with 4680 battery cells to the configurator.
- 🏁 The base Model Y AWD had a range of 279 miles per charge, a top speed of 135 mph, and a 0-60 mph time of 5.0 seconds when it was available.
- 💰 The base Model Y AWD also qualified for a $7,500 credit under the Inflation Reduction Act.
- 🌎 Tesla offers different Model Y variants in various markets, including a Model Y RWD variant in select locations.
The base Tesla Model Y Dual-Motor AWD variant is no longer available on the company’s configurator. As of this writing, only the Tesla Model Y Long Range and Performance variants are available for purchase.
In April 2023, Tesla reportedly added the Model Y units using 4680 battery cells to its configurator. Tesla never officially announced the release of its Model Y units with 4680 cells. The company added the base Dual-Motor AWD variant for the starting price of $49,990 before incentives. Before Tesla stopped taking orders for the base Model Y AWD variant, it was priced at $47,740 before options and incentives.
When it became available, the base Model Y AWD had 279 miles of range per charge, a top speed of 135 mph, and a 0-60 mph time of 5.0 seconds. The Model Y also qualified for the Inflation Reduction Act’s $7,500 credit.
The base Tesla Model Y Dual-Motor AWD was available in select locations. Currently, Tesla offers two variants in the United States and Puerto Rico and three Model Y variants in the rest of its markets. Tesla offers a Model Y RWD variant in other markets, including Canada, Mexico, China, and Europe.
The Fremont Factory produces the Model Y Long Range Dual Motor AWD and the Model Y Performance. Recent reports suggest that Giga Texas halted the Model Y line and Cybertruck assembly lines for upgrades and retooling.